Will your long awaited sailing trip be cancelled or otherwise interrupted?
Anyone investing in a sailing vacation should consider purchasing Trip Cancellation and/or Trip Interruption Insurance. Since everything does not "always" proceed as planned.
What If ...
- A key member of your charter group takes seriously ill at the last minute, and you have to cancel your sailing vacation?
- You get fogged in or snowed in at the airport? It happens all too frequently.
- A hurricane or other force of nature severely damages the area you intend to visit or the yacht you have chartered; making your trip impossible?
- A member of your party is injured or becomes seriously ill while on vacation, cutting your holiday short?
- There is an airline strike and your flight is canceled?
- A volcano erupts spewing massive clouds of ash, making air travel impossible. That actually happened in 2010 and several of our clients were affected.
The point is, anything can happen. It is the smart traveler who is prepared for these possibilities ... however unlikely they may seem.
Whether you use a travel agent or book your own airline tickets, you should purchase travel insurance. We know of several good companies offering reasonable prices and good coverage plans. Insurance is worth its weight in gold and we strongly suggest that you don't leave home without it!
Following are a few companies our customers have dealt with and report excellent service as well as reasonable pricing:
Highway To Health
Toll Free Phone in the US: (888) 243-2358
Call Collect from other countries:
If you'd like to compare prices and review what various companies have to offer, take a look at Insure My Trip
. Its a very helpful site.