Post Charter Check In Procedures
After enjoying your BVI sailing vacation, it is time to return the yacht and return to your "other" life. The staff at the base will provide you with a post charter questionnaire. As a courtesy to the next set of charter guests and so that the base can ensure service standards are maintained, you are asked to detail any deficiencies you may have found aboard. You should also note any breakdowns you may have experienced as well as any lost or missing items.
Please remember that your yacht charter ends at 12:00 noon
. That means all your crew and personal belongings should be cleared off the yacht by noon
, at the latest. The mechanical, rigging and cleaning crews require a full 24 hours to turn the yacht around for the next set of charter guests. Late returns may be subject to a late charge as crews may be required to work overtime to prep the yacht for the next set of guests, so that they may be assured an on-time start.
At the beginning of your charter, your briefer will tell you the time the your boat has to be back at the dock in order to do your debriefing.
- Call the charter base to let them know you are returning to base. They will assign you a slip number and will advise which side to place your fenders. This would be an opportune time to make sure your taxi has been ordered.
- The yacht should be returned in reasonably clean condition, normal wear and tear accepted.
- Proceed to the fuel dock and refuel the boat and top up the water tank(s). Please ensure that the boat is completely topped up and be sure to keep your fuel receipt to present at the office.
- Dock staff will be on hand to assist you when docking.
- Please strip bed linens and towels from the berths and heads and stack them in the main salon.
- Once you have packed your bags and prepared the boat, base staff will come aboard for your debriefing and to inspect the yacht. This process takes approximately one hour. Staff will check all major inventory items and the general condition of the boat.
- Once your inspection is complete, please proceed to the office to settle any outstanding charges, if applicable.
- Upon the timely, safe and undamaged return of the yacht and all its equipment, and after having refueled and topped up the water, your security deposit will be returned to you at the completion of your charter. Some of the companies we represent will have a diver inspect the hull of the yacht prior to the next charter, and will hold your deposit until the diver has completed his or her inspection.
- Should you leave without settling any outstanding charges, the base staff will use your preauthorized credit card form to process those charges.
Please do not leave alcoholic beverages aboard the yacht. If you have unfinished alcohol you do not wish to take home and would like to donate to a worthy cause, please take it to the office. We do not want to attract unwanted guests aboard the boats who may believe they will find free alcohol.
The cleaning crew will be happy to accept any unopened left over food items you do not wish to keep. Please discard any open items and dispose of all refrigerated leftovers as the company does not have refrigeration facilities. All food must
be removed prior to leaving the yacht please.