Yacht Charter Information - Tortola, British Virgin Islands
We are dedicated to providing our clients with the most detailed information for bareboat and crewed charters in the
BVI. In addition to our extensive FAQ, we hope you'll find our
information section, photo gallery and hand drawn maps helpful when planning your holiday.
FAQ - Part 1
- Bareboat vs. crewed
charters. Which is best suited to your needs?
- Qualifications required
to bareboat and a sample sailing resume.
- ASA sailing lessons.
- Duties and Responsibilities of your
captain & cook.
- What is involved in
hiring a captain?
- Crew Gratuities. How much should you tip your crew?
- Where you will stay overnight.
- The most common charter accidents.
- Day of the week to start your bareboat vacation.
- What discounts are available - if any?
FAQ - Part 2
- What to expect upon arrival at the charter base in Tortola.
- Choosing a catamaran or monohull sailboat.
- Concerns about renting an older boat.
- Information for tides, currents and swells in the British Virgin Islands.
- How far in advance
should you book your yacht charter?
- "Saving" mooring balls with your dinghy. What is the accepted etiquette?
- Sailing to Anegada.
- Can we pick up our boat in St. Thomas vs. Tortola?
- Using a broker or booking your holiday
- Booking your bare boat vacation through a travel agent. Will they have the right information for you?
the British Virgin Islands
Should you have any
additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to assist!
information about your sailing or powerboat vacation,
Contact our BVI yacht charter specialist!
Phone: (284) 495-4168 in Tortola